I decided to write this post because I have been working on my final portfolio and I am amazed at how much I have learn. This class taught me how to connect with people online and form networks of people who are passionate about the same topics that I am when it comes to education.
In terms of specifics, here are some things I didn’t know, or didn’t know to use prior to this class.
- I didn’t know how to write a blog post, let alone how to categorize it and “tag” it so that my readers could search for specific topics.
- I didn’t know what a Tweet Deck was.
- How to use Hypothes.is and annotate readings in a community with other people who annotated with me.
- I had no clue that Microsoft Sway existed.
- I didn’t know that Twitter Conversations were a real thing that educated professionals used to communicate all over the world.
- I didn’t know what HTML stood for, or how to change my blog to that view so that I could upload video content.
- I had never heard of a filter bubble.
Those things sound so small and if I had heard of them outside of the context of this class I never would have felt like I was missing out anything. This class gave me an environment to explore these things on my own and with a community which let me fail in order to succeed and really showed me how I can continue to use these platforms in my own life after this class is over.